Broad scope of tasks to include tuning cyber defense tools; integration of Splunk; security architecture design; implement new cyber capabilities; implement regional based IPS; designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and
development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
- Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.