Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Perform Tier 1 and 2 Computer Network Detect duties on a 24 X 7 X 365 network defense watch floor for an enterprise wide organization.
Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
1. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
2. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
3. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
4. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
5. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
6. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational securi ty policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
7. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
8. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Responsible for the analysis and triage of network anomalies that should be considered Events of Interest (EOI). Will provide basic assessment of the anomaly; designate it as an EOI and coordinate response with CND response team.
12. Responsible for escalating EOIs to Responders in a timely manner; with all required information to ensure the response team may act upon it accordingly.
13. Must have a good understanding of networks at a packet level. Must be able to analyze packet captures at the expert level.
14. Must have experience using CND tools to detect network attack; these tools are:
15. Must have experience using CND tools to detect network attack; these tools are:
– Enterprise Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM).
– Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS; IPS).
– Web Content monitoring systems (WebSense; Bluecoat).
– Firewall and syslog logs.
16. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
Must be able to review multiple data sources to gather Indications and Warnings and Attack Sensing and Warnings information